Trekkie Monster

21 Jan 2018 - The Ostomyland Project's 20th Anniversary

2 posts in this topic

Today - Jan 21st - is the 20th anniversary since I uploaded that first page of ostomy material to my homepage, launching the online ostomy support IRC chat room. That was effectively the start of Project: Ostomyland.
   It's been a rollercoaster ride with crazy highs and morale destroying lows with lots of dizzying corkscrews in between lol. It's an honour to have made so many friends as a result of the project. As always I can't thank all the fabulous happy helpers and admins enough for all their help or advice over the last few years that they've been part of Team O'land, either her on the forums or over on our Facebook Group. 
  You know, I thought I'd be feeling more celebratory about it all but I cannot help but reflect over the lost friends and family during those two decades; About how life can throw you so many curve balls driving you down a path you never, ever saw coming. So many thousands of people have been through our 'doors', some purely wanting to share on the benefit of their years of personal experience, but most are facing the scariest time of their lives. 
  It's been a humbling experience to have shared those journeys with so many people around the world, and in a lot of cases to have seen their confidence grow to the point that they too eventually become the next generation of experience sharers. 
   So anyways I just want to thank all of you for your support over the years, both of myself and Ostomyland. People often congratulate me about the length of time the project has kept going but the fact is I just provide the foundations with the website accounts and forums software. You provided the bricks that make the house! This day would never have arrived without YOU! So thank you everyone! :D

Alice likes this

Thank you for giving many of us the opportunity to grow with this wonderful, resourceful forum :drinks:!

cherrob123 likes this