• Announcements

• Trekkie Monster

Check all advice with your medical team! Plus, quoting medical sources (HON code requirement)   08/25/2015

Here at Ostomyland we are a patient run community - meaning we have learnt what we know as a result of being the patient and 99% of our members have got no medical qualifications whatsoever, and so any support replies are usually based on personal experience or friends/family-members personal experience. As a result Ostomyland strongly recommend that all members should check the accuracy of any support/health advice they have been given here with a member of their own medical team (GP, ET/Stoma Nurse/ Surgeon etc) BEFORE acting on it. This is for your own safety, as all our bodies are very different, and what works for one might not for the other, and for another it might even be dangerous! Ostomyland is not responsible for the content of the posts made, each member is responsible for their own posts. So if you ever did get any duff advice (unlikely, but could happen one day....) then blame the person who posted the message, and not Ostomyland. We are proud to be HON code certified and work very hard to meet the requirements of their principles. As such, and as requested under principle 4 of the HON code guidelines we must ask that members of the forums please quote sources for any medical information they give which is not based on personal experience.   Thanks.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delta5

Sweat under pouch cause falling oof

4 posts in this topic

Since I received my ostomy I can no longer excercise or do hard. Any sweating even minor causes pouch to fall off. Plus live in hot climate and can't even walk my dogs. Any solve this problem?

Cut from polyester fleece an oval 9 inches by 6 inches, hole at 6 inch circle on centre just large enough to accommodate intersection of flange and pouch.  Pull it on like a hotel "Do Not Disturb" sign on a doorknob.  Wicks away moisture, soft on skin, won't fray, easily washable, cheap and comes in myriad of colours.

Also, ALP Global Sure Seal Rings.

Good Luck.

Hi every one,this site is a god send I live in south florida very hot very muggy  I had the same problem   I found duraheisive wafers and a strap worked great for me no matter how loose pouch gets it cant fall off the strap was easy  to adapt to and now I don't feel right with out it   the point is there is plenty of choices out there don't loose hope, youll find the right set up for you    Rick

The belt is a great suggestion.  I have used the belt on my daughter who is extremely heavy, plus I use Eakin Cohesive Ostomy Barrier Seal by Convatec.  I use it all the way around the stoma (you can stretch it into any shape you like) and it gets warmed just by the warmth of your hands.  It sticks to the flange like nobody's business and the pouch seems to stay put (I use the 2 part Hollister floating flange and pouch system).  I am also a newbie and am still trying any suggestion anyone out there has for just about any problem.

Mother Roz